Get the News/Specials
Sign up for free
♥ PRODUCTS ♥
The Pattern Collections
Other Shawl Shapes
Sweaters & Vests
Socks & Fun Footwear
For the Hands
Neck & Up Coverings
For the Man
Minis and Miscellany
Holidays & Seasons
I Hate to Purl
All Beaded Patterns
PDF Pattern Catalog
Patterns by Yarn Weight
Patterns by Yarn Brand
♥ SHOPPING ♥
Kits & Yarn Paks
Notions and Tools
Shopatron Account Login
♥ STAY IN TOUCH ♥
Want to help me with some of the costs of providing free educational resources and newsletters? Your thank you donation, small or large, is very much appreciated.
"Your patterns are just fabulous ... unique and yet based on tradition."
- Jennifer C.
"I just love the simplicity of your patterns and the complexity of their appearance."
- Maureen M.
"I enjoy your website. It is easy to use and full of information ..."
- Debby L.
"... I love Heartstrings patterns. They are clear and well presented and Jackie Erickson-Schweitzer, the designer, is just a lovely, inspiring woman - well worth supporting by the purchase of the pattern."
- Kimberly L.
Honeycomb Shadow Lace Stole
HeartStrings knitting pattern #H148
Honeycomb Shadow Lace coordinates a lighter-color textured yarn and a darker color smooth yarn to give 3-dimensional illusion of shadows inside the spaces.
Don't worry if you are thinking this looks like complicated colorwork. You'll actually only be knitting with one yarn at a time in each row. This pattern is much easier than it looks!
Instant PDF download to your digital library account at Shopatron: $7
Special attention has been paid to the design details of the cast on and bound off edges of the the stole to produce look-alike scallops in a single piece knitted from one end to the other.
- Finished size: 14" by 58" (35.5 cm by 147.3 cm) blocked; guidance for adjusting the size is included in the project instructions; if adjusting size, plan accordingly for more or less yarn
- Yarn: Fingering weight: 225 yards (205 m) textured (T); 350 yards (320 m) smooth (S)
- Suggested needles: Size US 8 (5 mm)
- Skill level: Advanced beginner
- Stitch instructions: Written and charted
- Construction: Knitted flat from end-to-end; no seams to sew
- Yarn for sample model: Crystal Palace yarns as follows: (T) 2 balls Panda Cotton in color #532 Endive; (S) 2 balls Panda Silk in color #3005 Bamboo Green
You can download for free below the cover page of this pattern to preview.
Get a free PDF preview of the pattern cover page and detailed specifications.
Click thumbnail to open document in new browser tab or window.
Requires Adobe Reader to view.
See more Lace Stoles and Scarves in the Jackie E-S Design Pattern Collections.