Get News & Specials
Sign up for free
♥ PRODUCTS ♥
The Pattern Collections
Other Shawl Shapes
Sweaters & Vests
Socks & Fun Footwear
For the Hands
Neck & Up Coverings
For the Man
Minis and Miscellany
Holidays & Seasons
I Hate to Purl
All Beaded Patterns
PDF Pattern Catalog
Patterns by Yarn Weight
♥ SHOPPING ♥
Kits and Supplies
♥ STAY IN TOUCH ♥
Want to help me with some of the costs of providing free educational resources? Every donation counts. Your donation, small or large, is very much appreciated. Thank you!
"Your patterns are just fabulous ... unique and yet based on tradition."
- Jennifer C.
"I just love the simplicity of your patterns and the complexity of their appearance."
- Maureen M.
"I enjoy your website. It is easy to use and full of information ..."
- Debby L.
"... I love Heartstrings patterns. They are clear and well presented and Jackie Erickson-Schweitzer, the designer, is just a lovely, inspiring woman - well worth supporting by the purchase of the pattern."
- Kimberly L.
Tapestry Knitted Pillow Class
To make one pillow, you will need worsted weight yarn or combos of lighter weight yarns you strand together to be comparable to worsted weight. Students should bring materials and supplies to class as follows:
- Approx 175 yds / 2½ oz (70 g) of yarn(s) in lighter colors in either a variegated colorway or combination of different yarns in different textures, PLUS something with an accent color (model used shades of light teal, silver and natural in different textures along with coral/orange as the accent).
- Same as above except in darker/contrast colors (medium to dark teals, dark greens and gray in the model)
- About 20 yards each of 3 different coordinating solid color yarns for a decorative crocheted edging (can be some of the same yarns used in the main pillow). Other finishing options will be discussed in class if you don't crochet.
- 16 - 18" circular knitting needle size US 8 (5 mm).
- Crochet hook size G or H.
- 10" knife-edge pillow form (not necessary to bring to class unless you are a fast knitting and feel you will complete the knitting of the pillow in less than 3 hours). Other options for stuffing the pillow will also be discussed in class.
- Tapestry or yarn sewing needle for assembly and finishing ends.
- Prerequisites: Basic knitting skills. Some experience knitting with circular needles is helpful.
- Additional student materials fee: $5 per student (includes project instructions and charts).
See more information about this tapestry knitting class.
See Classes Offered for other knitting workshops and program seminars offered by Jackie E-S.