Knitting Workshops and Online Classes
Knitting workshops and program seminars offered by Jackie E-S – Learning New Things Makes Knitting Even More Fun
Dedicated to advancing the art of knitting through innovative designs based on tradition in updated techniques for today's modern knitter. All that is required is interest and a desire to learn.
My goal is to provide you a satisfying experience in both the process and outcome of your knitting. Students get excited and gain confidence in the methods taught in the class, and then proceed to apply and expand upon them in their own creations. Workshops usually include a hands-on, useable project. Thus there is intellectual understanding as well as on-the-spot practice for a deeper understanding — and of course, fun!
"The teacher, if indeed wise, does not bid you enter the house of their wisdom, but leads you to the threshold of your own mind."
Knitting with Beads 101 class at Valley Needlers Guild – Hemet, CA
Classes available for travel teaching
Note: I will no longer be scheduling classes involving travel effective 2009. Please instead see online classes for currently available topics.
Besides the standard workshops listed above, I can teach skill-focused workshops using your choice of any of the HeartStrings patterns as a basis for the class project.
Additionally, I offer program seminars related to each of the workshop topics. Programs are lecture and shorter demonstration only; whereas in the longer workshops there is time for hands-on practice, working the class projects, and more thorough coverage of the topic.
Online Classes – Learning New Things In Your Own Place and Time
And now there are even more online classes with Jackie E-S that you can take from the convenience of your home. Classes span multiple weeks so you can practice and learn at your own pace according to your own schedule. Just connect your computer to the internet, and the class and Discussion Board are there, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Online classes are conducted throughout the year by Jackie E-S at Needlecraft University (NU). Click the following links for listings at NU including class descriptions, session schedule, and cost. Registration and payment is made through NU.
SPECIAL! Discount coupons for some classes are available with purchase of downloadable Skill-Building Bundles of HeartStrings e-Patterns.
Class Fee Schedule for Travel Teaching Workshops and Programs
Instructor compensation and reimbursable expenses are outlined below. See
- Total instructor fee is based on length of each individual class to be taught (see Instructor Class Fee Schedule below), plus any additional fees for number of students exceeding the maximum allowed in the base class fee.
- The contracting organization is also responsible for providing classroom facilities, as well as certain amenities and reimbursable expenses (instructor's lodging and meals, transportation, mileage expenses, shipping expenses).
Additionally, some classes have a per-student materials fee.
Students are responsible for bringing any knitting supplies necessary for the class, and which are not provided by instructor in the per-student materials fee. Contact me for the supply list of any workshop in which you are interested. For students' convenience, kits for some workshops may be available for purchase. Please check with me to make arrangements.
Workshops are limited to a maximum of 20 students unless otherwise agreed by contract. Program seminar lectures do not have a maximum on number of attendees.
Instructor Class Fee Schedule
- Half-day (3 hour) workshop: $300 for up to 20 students + $15 per student exceeding 20
- Full-day (6 hour) workshop: $500 for up to 20 students + $25 per student exceeding 20
- Additional half-day (3 hours) of same workshop class: $200 for up to 20 students + $10 per student exceeding 20
- Program seminar or keynote speech (up to 30 to 60 minutes of lecture/demonstration) for any number of attendees: $150
- Private and semi-private clinic (1 to 3 students; minimum 1 hour session): $45 for first half hour + $30 per half hour of same session
Note: Separate fees and arrangements apply for online classes taught by Jackie E-S. Please check the
Needlecraft University website for current schedule and to register.