Get the News/Specials
Sign up for free
♥ PRODUCTS ♥
The Pattern Collections
Other Shawl Shapes
Sweaters & Vests
Socks & Fun Footwear
For the Hands
Neck & Up Coverings
For the Man
Minis and Miscellany
Holidays & Seasons
I Hate to Purl
All Beaded Patterns
PDF Pattern Catalog
Patterns by Yarn Weight
Patterns by Yarn Brand
♥ SHOPPING ♥
Kits & Yarn Paks
Notions and Tools
Shopatron Account Login
♥ STAY IN TOUCH ♥
Want to help me with some of the costs of providing free educational resources and newsletters? Your thank you donation, small or large, is very much appreciated.
"Your patterns are just fabulous ... unique and yet based on tradition."
- Jennifer C.
"I just love the simplicity of your patterns and the complexity of their appearance."
- Maureen M.
"I enjoy your website. It is easy to use and full of information ..."
- Debby L.
"... I love Heartstrings patterns. They are clear and well presented and Jackie Erickson-Schweitzer, the designer, is just a lovely, inspiring woman - well worth supporting by the purchase of the pattern."
- Kimberly L.
Thinking of You Too
HeartStrings knitting pattern #H140
Say "I'm thinking of you" with a hand-knit hat of lace hearts. Thinking of You Too Hat reflects the bonds of friendship symbolized in HeartString's signature stitch design of cascading interlocked lace hearts.
This hat incorporates symbolic elements similar to those in the Thinking of You scarf published 7 years ago and still popular. Whether making as a coordinating set, or making just the hat by itself, you can let someone know they are special.
As you knit this hat, be mindful of how Thinking of You Too reinforces the message that the bonds of loving friendship (interlocking hearts) will prevail in the face of the twists and turns of life (wavy eyelet ribbing).
Thinking of You Too pattern is available in either the Cancer Awareness (pink) edition or the Heart Disease Awareness (red) edition (similar instructions/different photos). A portion of sales is donated to cancer research and heart disease research respectively.
Instant PDF download: $6.50
Includes free updates and secure online access anytime, from anywhere, to view or print this pattern from the Digital Content Library in your Shopatron account. Credit cards and PayPal accepted.
- Yarn: 100 yards (92 m) sport weight
- Suggested needles: Size US 6 (4 mm) and US 3 (3.25 mm)
- Finished size: Adult medium (to fit 21 - 22-inch head circumference); use needles one size smaller or larger for adjusting size, or block larger if necessary
- Skill level: Intermediate
- Stitch instructions: Written and charted
- Construction: Center-out starting at crown; worked circularly; no seams to sew
- Yarn for sample models: Crystal Palace Cuddles DK, color 127 Lilac Petals(pink for cancer awareness; would make a lovely chemo hat); Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport 100% superwash wool, color #45ns Cranberry (red for heart disease awareness; can coordinate with Thinking of You Scarf)
Download a free PDF preview of the pattern cover page for the Pink edition.
Download a free PDF preview of the pattern cover page for the Red edition.
See more Knitted Hats in the Jackie E-S Design Pattern Collections.